Serving Memphis, Cordova, Germantown & Collierville TN
Winter is heading our way soon, and the plummeting temperatures may leave your home vulnerable to pest infestation. Pests search for warmth when the weather turns cold, meaning they could seek shelter in your home. At AAA Termite & Pest Control, we understand how this could create problems for home or business owners. That’s why we came up with this list of pests to watch out for this winter. Plus, find out how we provide pest control solutions in all seasons.
Keep an eye out for these winter pests
- Rodents – Rodents tend to pose more of a problem during the winter because they’re seeking a warmer environment for shelter. It doesn’t take a large opening for a rodent to gain entry into your home—many can squeeze through holes about the size of a coin—and since they breed rapidly, one or two rodents quickly can become a full-blown infestation. If you notice signs of a rodent problem, your best course of action is to contact a pest control company in Cordova as soon as possible!
- Roaches – Cockroaches cannot survive in freezing weather, especially if the temperature drops below 15 degrees, although weather that extreme is rare in areas of Tennessee like Memphis and Cordova. In winter, cockroaches either burrow or migrate to a warmer structure like your home. Roaches are voracious eaters, carry disease, and can trigger both allergy and asthma attacks, so if you suspect cockroaches have infested your home, call the pros at AAA Termite & Pest Control.
- Stored Pests – What do beetles, silverfish, moths, and stink bugs all have in common? They all can be found in boxes and areas of your home you use for storage. Don’t be surprised if you come across some of these pests when you pull your Christmas decorations out of storage.
- Spiders – Planning on getting a live tree for Christmas? You’ll want to check it for pests, including spiders. Like all the other creatures on this list, spiders tend to seek out indoor environments when the weather turns cold. While they also catch and eat other pests and are harmless aside from black widows and brown recluses, many people are frightened of spiders, and their webs can be a nuisance.
- Ants – They’re always in search of food, and so it’s no shock that ants are often found inside homes throughout the year. Once ants find a way into your home, you’re going to keep seeing them as long as that colony exists, so we recommend contacting a year-round pest control service company in Memphis today to deal with your ant problem.
Preventing Winter Pests in Memphis
You can take certain steps to reduce pests inside your home this winter. You can make sure to seal all gaps and cracks around windows and doors and repair any holes in window screens. Inspect firewood or boxes of holiday decorations or Christmas trees and wreaths before taking them indoors. Keep all food in sealed containers and keep surfaces like countertops and floors as clean as possible to remove leftover food particles.
However, for your best defense against pests, hire a professional company in Cordova like AAA Termite & Pest Control. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in dealing with all types of pests common to this area. Year-round pest control treatments in Memphis are the best way to control pests inside your home or business. Find out more and schedule an appointment with one of our technicians today by calling (901) 737-7378 if you’re located in the areas of Cordova and Memphis in Tennessee.