Serving Memphis, Cordova, Germantown & Collierville TN
As the summer season comes to an end, it may be tempting to let down your guard toward pest control. Unfortunately, pest season is not over, and for spiders, cockroaches, and ants, it’s the peak of their season. The intense heat at the end of summer can drive bugs indoors. Therefore, we share on the blog today some end-of-summer pest control tips for Cordova homeowners to help reduce bugs in their homes.
Why is pest prevention important?
Homeowners who are proactive and protect their homes through pest prevention reduce their risk of an infestation and expensive home repairs. However, there are certain things that you could do to help or hinder your efforts of reducing pests inside your home.
- Remove food and water sources that attract pests
- Repair leaky sinks or plumbing issues
- Remove clutter from the attic and basement that gives pests a place to hide and breed
- Discard old newspapers, magazines, or cardboard
- Caulk cracks and crevices around windowsills, cabinets, baseboards, and entry points for utility lines
- Learn more about common pests and prevention tips on our blog.
- Not replacing worn-out seals around your windows and doors could leave open spaces that pests could crawl through.
- Not keeping your house clean, leaving food crumbs on counters and the floors attracts pests, and could hinder your efforts of maintaining a pest-free home.
- Letting the trash pile up and not taking it out daily is likely to attract pests.
- Ignoring leaking plumbing issues is likely to attract wood-destroying insects like termites, which could compromise the integrity of your home.
Cordova homeowners could still benefit from routine pest control treatments.
Taking these necessary steps to reduce pets in your home doesn’t mean your home is safe from pests. On many occasions, pests only emerge at a certain time of the day, like at night, when you’re most likely asleep and can hide in your home during the day. Our Cordova pest control pros explain that even though you don’t see pests doesn’t mean they’re not there. Therefore, hiring an experienced and knowledgeable pest control company can help you uncover previously unknown pest problems and provide treatment to reduce pests in your home, preventing a possible infestation.
Pest Control in Cordova and Memphis, Tennessee
Finding pests in your home at the end of summer when you thought the worst was over can be disheartening, especially when you are proactive with pest prevention. Fortunately, our Cordova pest control company, AAA Termite & Pest Control, can examine your home and yard to determine the pest source and administer the proper treatments, reducing your home’s pests. So, if you struggle with end-of-summer pests sneaking their way into your home, please call us at (901) 737-7378 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with an experienced pest control technician today.